Monday, November 1, 2010

I done gone an' did it.

So... after much thought and angst and self-mockery I DID it. Signed myself up for NaNoWriMo, that is. Popped my novel-writing cherry.

Ironically, at this time yesterday, I'd convinced myself that I absolutely couldn't do it, for a whole variety of valid reasons, such as:
a) Fear of permanent debilitating bum injury from sitting in my craptastic desk chair for 50 bajillion hours. (Don't laugh. Millions of Americans suffer from chronic pain in the ass each year.)
b) Fear that everyone will learn that I can't write for shit, and my carefully crafted pretense of being able to write (for shit) will be EXPOSED.
c) Fear that Steven King may review my novel and tell me that my plot is weak and I use too many adverbs that end in -ly. (Stranger things, etc.)
d) Fear that I have nothing to say.
e) Fear that I won't be able to get into a rhythm because freakin' Pandora will keep throwing shit Air Supply songs into my Muse mix. WTF?

Sadly, d) and e) are not irrational fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment