Sunday, November 7, 2010

4000 words.

Get into the groove....You know, like that Madonna song? Except NOT, because I really don't like Madonna's music, except for Ray of Light, and anyway, I was talking about a writing groove.

I thought these were an urban myth or, like multiple orgasms, something I'm just not hard-wired to experience, but IT HAPPENED! I sat down to write, and looked up a minute later, all disoriented, and said "Lunch time already?" and realized I'd been sitting all hunched over in one position for almost 2 hours. It was transcendant! As in, my pride at writing 800 words without pause transcended the pain of the horrible muscle cramps in my shoulders and neck.

:)


Of course, that was this morning. Many hours and a not-nearly-proportionate number of words have passed since then. Still...

So, 4,000 words. Not quite half of what I should have now, but twice as many as I had this morning and approximately 4000 times as many as I had this time last week. File under: Small victories.

Also, best-friend-ever-in-the-history-of-ever, can I tell you how much I love you and all these awesome links you sent me? Especially the ones along the lines of "4000 words of shit, but by God I wrote them." Those really resonate with me.

Can't think why.

No comments:

Post a Comment